Energize Pilates by Master Pilates Teacher Nancy Black is thrilled to offer Pilates Sports Center (PSC) Teacher Training Program. PSC is an world famous and internationally recognized approach, teaching a modernized version of the discipline created by Joseph Pilates in the 1920’s, one that honors the history of the method while incorporating contemporary principals and knowledge. Students of the Pilates teacher will develop in the classical and progressive style of Pilates. Students will also experience creative training and finely crafted programming skills for all proficiency levels. Students will also have access to a vibrant, and comprehensive manual with a robust variety of photographs. Click here to view our Pilates Teacher Training Video.
This all-inclusive course includes:
- Pilates Mat Repertoire, Universal Reformer, Cadillac/Trapeze Table, Wunda Chair
- Client assessment and alignment protocol
- Anatomy, terminology and biomechanics taught in an interactive environment
- Small apparatus skills: magic circle, rotating discs, balance w/wobble board
- Verbal and tactile cueing skills
- Attitude, confidence and composure of a professional instructor
- Studio etiquette and equipment safety
- Ethics and scope of practice
- Understanding specific injuries/dysfunctions and special circumstances
Full Tuition: $4900 (Fundamentals, Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair)
Non-Refundable Deposit: $500 (comes out of tuition)
This is a 450+ hours course, including classroom time, observation hours, self-integration hours, an anatomy thesis project and a client assessment project. Upcoming Pilates teacher training workshops will be held at Bellevue Club, Bellevue, WA.
Click here to view coupons for Teacher Trainers.
What makes PSC Pilates Teacher Training unique?
- Small class size, meeting twice weekly at 4 hour increments, allowing absorption of the material.
- 120 hours of actual class time
- All PSC Master Trainers have achieved a high level of excellence in their field, hold multiple certifications, have passed rigorous testing and are PMA certified Pilates Teachers.
- Extensive photographic manual is included in the course, outlining each exercise in length.
- PSC teaches both an East Coast (classical) and a West Coast (progressive) progression/execution.
- PSC requires an entrance and exit interview/exam to graduate only those who are truly ready.
- Competitively priced.
- Many variations and modifications are taught to assist a client with injuries or special needs-this creates the most capable and skilled trainer.
- Review and testing are 90% oral/practical, training you to think on your feet and apply information in a practical, physical way, insuring an understanding of the material for your success.
- Students are given ample review time (9-12 hours) in class, with the instructor.
- Students may choose to study one module or engage in the full program.
- PSC consistently upholds the most current PMA curriculum recommendations.